Looking for a hiking trail that’s right near you? Check out our list of the ten best hiking trails in close proximity to metropolitan areas! These trails vary in difficulty, making them perfect for beginner hikers as well as more experienced hikers. Plus, they all offer beautiful scenery that you won’t find anywhere else. So whether you’re just getting started or you’re a seasoned hiker, make sure to check out one of these trails!
Top 5 beginner trails
For those just starting out in hiking, these five trails are a great place to start. All of them are easy to follow, provide plenty of shade, and have scenic vistas that are sure to please.
The Hermit’s Trail is a 3-mile out-and-back trail that starts at the Ohio Statehouse in downtown Columbus. The trail winds its way through the Columbus neighborhoods of Worthington and German Village before arriving at the Hermit’s Cave, which is home to a replica of an old-fashioned cabinet clock.
The Brecksville-Broadview Hiking and Running Trail is a 12.5-mile path that runs through Cleveland suburbs Brecksville and Broadview Heights. The trail starts off near I-271 and runs parallel to Euclid Creek before turning toward the Cuyahoga Valley National Park. Along the way, you’ll pass through woodlands, open fields, and communities.
The Appalachian Trail begins in Springer Mountain, Georgia and ends at Mt. Katahdin in Maine – a journey of 2,181 miles. It’s the longest hiking trail in the United States and one of the world’s most popular trails. Along the way, you’ll pass through lush forests, rolling hills, and picturesque villages.
Top 5 more difficult trails
If you’re looking for a challenging hike that will leave you feeling sore the next day, then look no further than these five trails. Each of these trails offers its own unique challenge, and is perfect for seasoned hikers who are looking for a more difficult hike.
The first trail on our list is the Mount Washington Auto Road Trail. This trail is rated as a moderate difficulty trail, but it does have steep sections that can be quite challenging. If you’re up for a challenge, this is the trail for you!
Next on the list is the Mount Greer Trail. This trail is rated as a difficult trail, and it is definitely one that will leave you feeling sore. If you’re looking for a really challenging hike, this is the route for you!
The third trail on our list is the White Mountains National Forest Long Path. This trail is rated as a moderately difficult trail, and it does have steep sections that can be quite challenging. If you’re up for a challenge, this is the trail for you!
The fourth trail on our list is the Nashua Mountain Trails – Cahoon Brook Loop. This trail is rated as a difficult trail, and it does have steep sections that can be quite challenging. If you’re up for a challenge, this is the trail for you!
Finally, we have the President’s Forest Trail – Waterville Valley Loop. This trail is rated as a very difficult trail, and it does have steep sections that can be quite challenging. If you’re up for a challenge, this is the trail for you!
Top 5 scenic trails
When it comes to hiking trails, there are many different types to choose from. Some are easy, while others are more challenging. However, no matter what level of difficulty you’re looking for, one of the best trails in close proximity to metropolitan areas is the Cliffs at Sunset Trail at Santa Monica Beach. This scenic trail takes you right up to the sand, and features stunning views of the Pacific Ocean. If you’re looking for a more difficult hike, consider the Bone Cave Trail at Black Hills Fossil Beds National Monument. This trail has been explored by dinosaurs and leads you deep into the earth. For a nature hike that’s perfect for pets and children, head out to the Summit Lake Trail at Mount Antero. This trail offers a wide variety of scenery including meadows and streams. Finally, for photographers and nature lovers alike, take a walk on the Torrey Pines State Natural Reserve’s Half Dome Trail. Here, you’ll be able to capture stunning panoramic views of the surrounding area.
Top 5 trails for dogs
One of the best things about hiking with your dog is that they get to experience a whole new range of terrain. From easy strolls down to rugged trails, these five trails have something for everyone. With plenty of play areas and scenic vistas, everyone will love a hike on one of these trails!
1. The Oregon Coast Trail is a great option for those looking for an easy hike with plenty of sights and smells to enjoy. The trail is paved and well-maintained, perfect for both novice and experienced hikers.
2. The Appalachian Trail is one of the most popular hiking trails in the world, thanks to its breathtaking views and varied terrain. Although it can be challenging, the trail is also suitable for all levels of hikers.
3. The Pacific Crest Trail is often called the “trail of dreams”. It’s a long and arduous hike, but if you’re up for the challenge, the rewards are worth it. The trail winds its way through scenic mountains and wilderness areas.
4. Finally, the Front Range Open Space Preserve offers a variety of trails perfect for dogs of all ages and sizes. There’s even a section specifically designed for large dogs!
Whether you’re just starting out or you’re a veteran hiker, these trails have something for you and your pet. So pack your bags and head out – the trails are waiting!
Top 5 trails for gelato lovers
1. Blue Ridge Parkway – This hiking trail is perfect for those with a sweet tooth. The trail stretches for over 300 miles and features many different stops to enjoy gelato or other sweet snacks.
2. Appalachian Trail – A favorite of both hikers and hunters, the Appalachian Trail is a challenging but rewarding trail. Gelato lovers will love the many opportunities to enjoy their favorite treat along the way.
3. Pacific Crest Trail – A 2,650 mile trail that spans from the Mexican border to Canada, the PCT is one of the most popular long-distance trails in the United States. Gelato lovers will love the many mountain views and ice cream towns along the way.
4. John Muir Trail – One of the most scenic trails in California, the John Muir Trail is perfect for hikers who want to experience rugged terrain and stunning vistas. Gelato lovers will love the many options for stopping for a sweet snack along the way.
5. Mount Kilimanjaro – Another great hike for those with a sweet tooth, Mount Kilimanjaro is an iconic African peak that offers spectacular views of Africa’s Serengeti. Gelato lovers will love conquering this challenging summit with a sweet snack in hand.
Top 5 hikes for sunset lovers
If you’re looking for a scenic hike that’ll take you through rolling hills and open fields, try the Sunnyside Trail in Westchester County.
If you’re aiming to see some of the most beautiful sunsets in the area, head to the Top of the Rock Preserve in Yonkers.
If you’re up for a challenging hike with panoramic views, try the High Point Trail in Rockland County.
For a gentle stroll through woodlands with gorgeous sunsets, try the Croghan Woods Trail in Westchester County.
Finally, if all you want is a peaceful walk with some great sunset views, check out Eagle’s Nest Park in Yonkers.
Top 5 hikes for athletes
If you’re looking for a challenging hike that will keep you fit, try the Mt. Tamalpais State Park Trail. This trail offers a variety of terrain, including a challenging ascent up Mt. Tamalpais. The trail is also perfect for first-time hikers, as it is relatively easy and short.
If you’re looking for a scenic hike with great views, try the Angel’s Landing trail in Devils Postpile National Monument. This hike is a must-do if you’re visiting the monument. The trail offers an incredible view of the canyon below and the Devil’s Postpile rock formation.
If you’re looking for a day hike that is perfect for families, try the Lighthouse Point Trail in Point Reyes National Seashore. This hike is both short and easy, making it perfect for all ages. The trail offers stunning views of the ocean and San Francisco Bay.
If you’re looking for a multi-day hike that offers amazing scenery, try the John Muir Trail in Yosemite National Park. This trail is one of the most popular hikes in Yosemite National Park and offers a variety of different landscapes. From lush forests to dramatic peaks, this hike has it all!
Finally, if you’re looking for a beginner hike that is perfect for first-time hikers, try the White Fir Trail in Mount Shasta State Park. This trail is gentle and easy, making it perfect for beginners. The trail runs through shady forests and passes by sparkling lakes.
Top 5 hikes for nature lovers
Hiking is one of the best ways to get close to nature. There are plenty of trails in close proximity to metropolitan areas that offer incredible views of nature. Whether you’re a beginner or a seasoned hiker, there’s a trail for you! Some of the top trails for nature lovers include
1) The Appalachian Trail – A hike that stretches from Georgia to Maine and covers over 2,200 miles. This is a difficult trail that requires lots of preparation, but the rewards are immense. Not only will you see some of America’s most beautiful scenery, but you’ll also get to see dozens of different types of wildlife.
2) The Pacific Crest Trail – Located throughout California, Oregon, and Washington, this trail is one of the longest in the US. It covers a whopping 2,650 miles and takes around six months to complete. The PCT is perfect for hikers who want to explore some of the most beautiful landscapes in North America.
3) The White Mountain National Forest – Home to some of New England’s most iconic landmarks, the White Mountain National Forest is also home to some of the most challenging hiking trails. If you’re looking for a truly awe-inspiring experience, check out some of the trails within the forest.
4) The Appalachian Trail Conservancy – If you’re interested in learning more about the history and ecology of the Appalachian Trail, then visit the Appalachian Trail Conservancy website. This organization is dedicated to preserving and protecting the Appalachian Trail for future generations.
5) The Blue Ridge Parkway – Another great hike for nature lovers is The Blue Ridge Parkway. This 296-mile scenic drive crisscrosses through some of America’s most picturesque mountain ranges. If you’re feeling ambitious, consider hiking some of the more strenuous trails on the Parkway.
Top 5 hikes for photographers
If you’re looking for a great hiking trail that offers stunning photo opportunities, look no further than the Benton Ridge Trail. This trail offers breathtaking views of the surrounding countryside and easy access to beautiful wildlife habitats. The Benton Ridge Trail is also a great hike for beginner photographers, as it is gently graded and offers a wide variety of photo opportunities. If you’re looking for an exciting hike that will challenge your abilities, check out the Lone Star Hiking Trail. This trail is full of steep inclines and rugged terrain that will push your hiking abilities to their limits. Whether you’re a beginner or an experienced hiker, be sure to add the Lone Star Hiking Trail to your list of trails to explore.
Top 5 trails for families
The Top 5 trails for families are as follows:
1. Northwoods Trail System – This system of trails spans over 18 miles and features a variety of terrain, from flat to hilly.
2. White Oak Canyon – This canyon features natural limestone cliffs, deep ravines, and shady river canyons.
3. Sterling Hiking Trail – This 12-mile trail runs through the forested hills of Sterling Park and offers pristine scenery along the way.
4. Rail Trail – This 10-mile rail trail winds its way through the scenic Blue Hills Reservation and allows visitors to explore the area’s natural beauty at their own pace.
5. Mohawk Hudson State Forest – The Mohawk Hudson State Forest is a 116,000 acre tract of land that offers an abundance of hiking opportunities, including several family-friendly trails.
If you’re looking for a great hiking trail near you, be sure to check out one of the trails featured in this article! Each offers a unique experience that is sure to please. Whether you’re a beginner or a seasoned hiker, there’s a trail for you on this list!
- Why and how to buy a red graniteWe have a lot of granite in our country. We don’t know why we need it. We just need it to build our houses and monuments. But the problem is that most of us don’t know the difference between natural and artificial granite. For example, if you buy a red granite in your local market, […]
- The Complete Guide to Gardening on the GoIntroduction: What is the Gardening? What are some of the Benefits of Gardening and Why Should I Consider Doing So? Gardening is a great hobby for many people. This article will give you some tips that will help you get the most out of your gardening experience. The garden is a place where we can […]
- How The Best Gardening Magazine Can Help You Improve Your Gardening and Become a Better GardenerThe Best Garden Uses for Free, the Best Trees for Your Home and the Most Innovative How-To’s of 2017 Gardening can provide a sense of satisfaction and accomplishment. It is a great way to relax, but it is also a great way to get more exercise. The garden is a place where people can feel […]
- The Norcross Brothers: The Real Story of How They Built an EmpireThe Norcross Brothers are two brothers that started their own business in the early 1990s and have since become one of the most successful businesses in the United States. What’s more unique about their story is that they didn’t inherit any money or business skills – they had to work hard for what they have. […]
- How Gardening Can Make You HappierIf you’re feeling stressed or down, gardening may just be the solution! A study at Carnegie Mellon University found that people who gardened in gardens felt happier and less depressed than those who didn’t. The study participants were asked to rate their moods on a scale of 1 to 10 before and after gardening activities. […]
- How to Turn Any Project into a Doable One in Just 30 MinutesDo you ever have those projects that seem impossible to complete? Maybe you’ve been trying to make a cake for years, and you still can’t seem to get it right. Or maybe you’ve been wanting to start a new business but you don’t know where to start. Well, if you’re feeling overwhelmed and ready to […]
- Gardening for Beginners: Five Tips to Help You Get StartedIf you’re interested in starting a garden but don’t know where to start, read on for five tips to help get you started. Starting a garden is not only a great way to get your hands dirty and enjoy some healthy, fresh vegetables, but it’s also a great way to get started with environmental conservation. […]
- Hampden Emery Plant – The secret to beautiful, youthful skinIf you’re looking to improve the appearance of your skin, then you need to consider using Hampden Emery Plant. This natural treatment can help reduce the appearance of wrinkles and age spots, while also providing relief from dry skin. So why not give it a try? You may be surprised at how well it works! […]
- How to Transform Your Neighborhood with Gardening tips from the ProsLooking to spruce up your neighborhood? Here are some tips from the pros on how to do it with gardening. From planting new flowers and vegetables to creating a garden setting, these tips will help you turn your neighborhood into a beautiful place to live, work, and play. Let’s take a look! How to plant […]
Leave a Reply